Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

say no


I know I haven't posted in a really long time. Sorry about that. I've been super busy with school, work, and cross country. But I don't have an outfit post for today, so I thought I'd talk about something that's not shallow and vain and all of the other things that I usually am. 

Today I'd like to talk about the ability to say no.

I struggle with saying no. I like to do anything and everything that I can(and sometimes can't). If I'm not exhausted at the end of the day, I feel wrong. I like for my schedule to be packed, and I hate for their to be a empty day in my day planner. Between being involved in clubs at school, going to church every week, doing all of my homework, supporting all of my friends, and running every day of the week, by the end of the day I'm exhausted. 

But I've learned that saying no is okay. It's okay to not be able to go to every party or event I'm invited to. It's okay to not be able to attend every student council meeting. I can't get off work every single weekend to go to a wedding. I can't do everything. It's okay to rest. Sometimes you need a break from life. Quitting usually comes from running yourself ragged. Well rested people, can usually handle a heavier load. I've found that when I take time to do nothing but rest or reflect on my week or spend time with God, that I am my happiest. I find peace when I just rest. Sometimes lying in bed and Pinteresting is exactly what I need after a long day. After all that's where I found this quote! 

So basically what I'm saying is take a break. Take a nap or a walk or whatever you need to do to find peace. 

Also thank you to the four people that actually read my ramblings. I love you!
xx

Ps if you would like to know what I did today, I ate lunch at Bank Street Cafe located in Griffin to celebrate my two best friend's birthdays(happy birthday Hannah and Haley), and had the most delicious Chicken Cordon Bleu I've ever tasted. I also purchased an Eno. Finally! 


No comments:

Post a Comment